101 Weight Loss Tips
Well I have over 50 pounds to loose this year, here are some tips I will be using and wanted to share with you.
1. Make a plan – If you want to lose weight, you need to make a plan for it. Planning involves setting your goals both short term and long term ones. With proper planning, you would be able to have an effective guide on the steps that you want to take, towards losing pounds of weight. Aside from that, it would also keep you motivated.
2. Watch sports – When you watch people playing sports, whether you are going to do it by visiting stadiums or simply watching them on television, you would see how fit the athletes are. Because of that, you would be inspired more in hitting your fitness goals. Aside from that, you might even be motivated in getting involved with certain types of sports.
3. Maintain proper posture – When you stand or sit down properly, you would not just ensure that you would be able to practice proper breathing techniques. It would also help you look thinner, aside from the fact that it can develop the core muscles of your body. Standing straight would keep your abdominal muscles tightened, which can develop the strength of your stomach and make you lose weight.
4. Make a list of the disadvantages of gaining more weight – One of the things that can provide you the motivation to lose weight is to make a list of the disadvantages of gaining more. When you gain more weight, you may find it harder to fit into your clothes. Aside from that, it can also put you at risk to certain diseases. Other disadvantages would include easily becoming fatigue, not being able to perform certain physical activities, and many more.
5. Get yourself a pet dog – When you go and visit the park, take a look around you, and you will see people with their pets. One of the things that you can observe is that, most pet owners are not fat. This is because their pets can increase their daily physical activities, when they walk them around the neighborhood each day. Aside from that, if you have a pet, you can play with him all day, without realizing that you are already burning calories.
6. Warm up before starting your workout routine – Warming up prior to starting your workout routine would give you lots of benefits. Aside from preventing certain injuries, it can also ensure that your muscles are loosened up properly. Because of that, you would be able to perform the routines the right way, and benefit from them.
7. Motivate yourself – Without the right motivation, you may not be able to reach your weight loss goals. Thus, it is best if you come up with ways to get motivated. One of the ways to do it is to imagine yourself when you have already lost weight. Aside from that, you can also list down the advantages that you can enjoy with it.
8. Inform your friends and family of your plans – Prior to taking the steps in losing weight, it is best to inform your friends and family about it. This is because, they can provide you with the support you need. They can provide you encouragement, and they can also help in preventing you from eating foods that are unhealthy.
9. Dream about losing weight – Before you sleep at nights, you should dream about what you would look like when you lose weight. You should picture yourself and the other things that you would enjoy when you already lost some pounds. This would help you get motivated just before sleeping, which would help you start your day the following morning, thinking about the things to do to lose weight.
10. Take a picture of yourself prior to taking the initial steps in losing weight – One of the best ways to monitor your progress is to take a picture of yourself just before you start. By doing this, you can compare it with a new image after weeks of doing certain things, which can help you lose weight. Thus, it is also best if you take pictures each time you lose a certain amount of weight.
11. Chew your food thoroughly – When you chew your food thoroughly, you would not just enjoy your food better, but it can also help you lose weight. This is because doing that would prolong your time of eating, which would provide your body a chance to distinguish being full. In short, when you eat slower, you would be consuming lesser amounts of foods, than eating faster.
12. Avoid sitting down for long periods of time – Sitting down for long periods of time can develop back or neck pain. Aside from that, it can also prevent you from losing weight. However, if you cannot avoid it, you can still help yourself lose weight by walking around the hallways from time to time. You can also walk around the building during lunch and break times.
13. Make use of your feet instead of your hands – It is always better to stand and make use of your feet instead of your hands, so that you would lose weight. An example for this is when you need to communicate something to your colleague, who is just a few meters away from you. Walk towards him instead of using your email, so that you can burn some calories in the process.
14. Use the stairs instead of the elevator – When you are on your way to your office, which is located at a certain floor inside the building, make it a point to use the stairs instead of the elevator. This would help you burn more calories and lose weight. Do this everyday, so that you can achieve your goals soon.
15. Park your car a few blocks away from your destination – Whether you are going to a grocery store or to your office, parking it a few blocks away from your destination would help you lose weight. Doing this would let you get some exercise, by walking a few meters to get to your destination. Aside from that, it would also help you in saving some gasoline.
16. Play with your kids more – Losing weight can be fun, especially if you have kids who are longing to spend more time with you. Schedule a playtime with them each day, such as after your work or during your lunch time if you go home. When you play with your kids, since it is fun, you won’t even notice that you are already burning more fats and calories.
17. Become a do-it-yourself person – Doing lots of things by yourself can help you lose weight. Thus, becoming a DIY person would help you in achieving your goals. What you can do is to take a look around your place, and see if there are things that need to be repaired, and do it yourself. Aside from that, you can also think of certain projects for you home, and do it from scratch, or check for DIY kits in the market.
18. Wash your car – Your car needs washing on a regular basis to keep in clean. To lose weight, instead of taking it to car washing stations, you should wash it yourself, so that you can get more exercise. Make sure to do it properly, so that you can lose weight and have a shiny vehicle as well.
19. Clean the house – Cleaning the house yourself, won’t just help in making it more beautiful, but it can also help you lose weight. Make this a regular activity, in which you can do it every weekend or so. When you do it on a regular basis, you can eventually set a routine that you can follow easily.
20. Organize the things inside your house – Organizing the things inside your house can help you lose weight. This could involve activities like arranging your books, appliances, as well as your furniture. Do it yourself, so that you would also be able to apply your own artistic sense. With that, you won’t just be losing weight, but also improve the ambiance of your place.
21. Water the plants with the use of pail and dipper – Whether you like to care for plants or not, you should water them everyday. Doing that will not just make the plants grow faster, but it can also help you lose weight. Make use of a pail and a dipper instead of a water sprinkler, so that you can do it while getting some exercise.
22. Eat oatmeal – Eating oatmeal can greatly help you in losing weight, especially if you do it in the morning. Oats are actually loaded with dietary fiber, which can naturally suppress your appetite. Aside from that, due to its high fiber content, it can also make your body burn more calories in processing it.
23. Become more conscious of portion size – The more you eat, the more you could actually gain weight. Therefore, you could still gain weight, even if you workout and eat healthy foods, if you are still providing your body with more calories than it needs. Therefore, you need to control your daily portion, so that you can lose weight.
24. Eat an apple before dinner – Eating an apple just a few minutes to eating dinner can help you lose weight, since it can suppress your appetite effectively. You can also do it during snacks. It is better to include the skin, as long as the apple has been grown organically, since it contains lots of essential nutrients.
25. Eat banana when you wake up in the morning – When you eat a piece of banana when you wake up, it would provide your body with the energy that it needs to jumpstart your day. Aside from that, it is also loaded with nutrients, which can help you maintain good health. More importantly, it can also help in suppressing your appetite naturally.
26. Drink water minutes before eating breakfast – Drinking water in the morning, especially before eating breakfast, can give you the feeling of being full. Thus, it can suppress your appetite to some extent. Aside from that, it can also help you cleanse your system more effectively by flushing out toxins.
27. Eat at home – When you eat outside, such as in coffee shops, restaurants, and fast food outlets, there is always a tendency for you to eat foods that can encourage weight gain. Aside from that, you are also not sure about how much oil they cook it with, and what ingredients were added. Thus, it is always better to eat at home, when it comes to losing weight, and keeping your body healthy.
28. Cook your own meals – When you cook your own meals, you can ensure that you are adding ingredients that are not fattening. Aside from that, you can also monitor the amount of salt you would be adding. Focus more on healthy recipes though, so that you can follow a diet that is healthy and not fattening.
29. Pack food for snack – When you work, you may want to eat a sandwich or something, whenever it is your break time. Packing food for your snack can help you ensure that you are eating healthier types of foods. Aside from that, you can also save more money along the way, since eating out for snacks can become expensive.
30. Make sure that your goals are achievable – It is very important to set goals in starting your weight loss program. However, make sure that they are achievable in a certain period of time. By doing that, you would provide yourself with more encouragement and motivation, each time you are able to reach them.
31. Buy a heart rate monitor – Monitoring your heart rate is essential in losing weight. Having a heart rate monitor with you whenever you walk, run, jog, or ride a bike, would help you ensure that you are doing your exercise routines at a pace, which can facilitate losing weight. Thus, it is best if you have this kind of device on hand very soon.
32. Do some stretching before working out – Doing some stretching routines prior to working out can help you in losing weight, since it can prevent injuries. Always keep in mind that one of the main priorities in losing weight is to become healthier. If you get injured due to lack of stretching, you will need to put a stop to your activities and postpone it.
33. Stay as flexible as possible – Staying as flexible as possible can help you maintain your sights on your goals. Keep in mind that in your work, or with your family, there are certain things that may happen, which can change your daily schedule. By being flexible, it would allow you to adjust with certain changes, and still be able to get the exercise that you need.
34. Make losing weight a competition – Losing weight can become more effective and fun if you make it a competition. Thus, it is best if you can convince someone to do it together with you. You can have your friend or your spouse as your competitor when it comes to this. After some time, check which of you is able to lose more pounds, and set a certain prize for it.
35. Get your family involved with it – Get your family involved with the activities that you need to follow to lose weight. By doing this, you would be encouraging all your love ones to attain better health. Aside from that, you can also all work together in achieving your goals, by cooking healthy meals, doing exercises together, and such.
36. Start with simpler workout routines – If you do not want to get discouraged in working out, it is best if you start with the basic routines first. Keep in mind that, since your goal is to lose weight, then basic routines can help you as much as the complex ones. Thus, stay away from the complicated routines at first, so that you can start at the right path.
37. Start at a slower pace – If you have not been exercising for quite some time, then it is best to start at a slower pace first. This would provide your body the time that it needs to adjust to the increase in physical activities. Thus, start at a slower pace first, and gradually increase it, to make it more effective.
38. Consider the needs of your body – When you workout, you should consider that your body would need some time to repair its worn out tissues. Thus, it is that you get enough rest by sleeping for at least 8 hours each night. Aside from that, your body would also need more protein, so that it can effectively build newer muscle tissues.
39. Try different things to make it more interesting – To prevent boredom, when it comes to working out, you should try different things. Try different equipments and activities, so that you would enjoy exercising more. Just make sure that you stay on certain routines for certain amounts of time, to provide it the chance to take effect.
40. Build the strength of your core – There are certain exercise routines, like squats, which can strengthen your core. Your core actually consists of your oblique, stomach, and back muscles; and, if you strengthen them, you would be allowing your body to become more effective in performing other routines. Aside from that, it can also prevent injuries to happen.
41. Add some pepper into your daily recipes – When you eat spicy foods, you would notice that it can make you sweat. This is because it can boost up your body’s metabolic rate. Therefore, add some pepper into your daily recipes, so as to make them taste better, and to lose weight. This is actually one of the reasons why people who love spices are leaner and healthier.
42. It is always better to have fresh fruits than fruit juices – Although fruit juices in most cases contain the nutrients that fresh fruits have, they are usually stripped down of the natural fibers. Fiber can actually provide you with lots of benefits in terms of losing weight, especially when it comes to appetite suppression. Aside from that, some companies may also add sugar to their fruit juices.
43. Cut down your consumption of alcohol – Several alcoholic beverages actually contain lots of calories. Because of that, alcohol consumption should be cut out or at least be kept to a minimum level. Aside from that, when you drink such types of drinks, it can affect your activities the next day. Thus, it means that it can make you postpone your exercise, and stay in bed the whole day.
44. Avoid mayonnaise as much as possible – Mayonnaise contains lots of calories and fats; and, they are usually added on different types of foods that people love to eat. Lots of sandwiches are filled with mayo, as well as other foods items. Thus, it is best to be careful in ordering foods in restaurants, since they can contain lots of mayo either added to the food itself, or as dressing.
45. Put a stop to visiting a coffee shop after work – Lots of people today make it a habit to drop by the coffee shop after a long day of work. This habit can actually prevent you from losing weight. This is because tasty coffee drinks, especially those that are cold, contain lots of fats and calories. Aside from that, drinking them would also tempt you to order pastries, which can add more to your weight.
46. Sign up for a race – If you like running, then one of the best ways to speed up your progress in losing weight is to sign up for a race. This would provide you with more motivation in increasing your pace. Aside from that, since you don’t want to be the last person to cross the finish line, you would certainly see yourself training for it.
47. Make use of skimmed milk – When you compare skimmed milk and the regular kind, they are actually the same, except for the fact that the former contains lesser fats and calories than the latter. In other words, skimmed milk still has the necessary nutrients that one needs from milk such as vitamins and minerals. However, it can help you better in losing weight than drinking the regular kind.
48. Monitor your weight – Monitoring your weight is one of the things that you can do in order to motivate yourself more in losing some of it. This is especially true, if you are able to lose a number of pounds each time you climb onto the weighing scale. To ensure that it is the case, then do it only once in a week or every couple of weeks.
49. If you are following a certain workout program, start with the routines you don’t like best – When you have a workout program that you need to follow, there is a possibility that you don’t like certain routines in it. To get the most from the program, perform the routines you don’t like at the start. You don’t want to do them at the last part, since you may already feel tired, and may have a tendency to skip them.
50. Reward yourself each time you lose a number of pounds – When you are able to reach your short term goals, it is a good idea to reward yourself each time. Although losing a number of pounds can already be rewarding, treating yourself for your favorite meal, going out with your friends, or buying something new, can provide you with more motivation to continue doing the things that helped you lose weight.
51. Put a lists on the door of your refrigerator about the negative effects of obesity – Some of the negative effects of obesity would include increasing your chances of getting affected with certain types of diseases, making you move slower, making you feel tired sooner, and so on. List these down on a piece of paper, and put it on the door of your refrigerator. This would help you think twice in eating more food, each time you try to open it. .
52. Avoid eating junk foods – Junk foods are usually filled with lots of salt and calories that can make you gain weight. Aside from that, they also usually do not contain any nutritional value. Keep in mind that junk foods are not just chips you eat in front of the TV set. They can also include burgers, spaghetti’s, fries, and such.
53. Hit the grocery store only after eating – When you visit the grocery store, you would have a tendency to purchase lots of food items if you are feeling hungry. It can even tempt you to buy foods that are loaded with fats and calories, when you give in to your cravings. Therefore, it is a good idea to eat, even just a light snack, prior to visiting the grocery store, so that you can avoid the temptation of purchasing more than what you need.
54. Make a plan for your vacation – If you are going on a vacation with your family, there is going to be a tendency that it can make you break your usual workout routine. Thus, it is best if you plan your vacation well. For example, book a hotel that has a workout gym inside it, or at least located near it, so that you can still have a chance to get some exercise.
55. Remove the skin from the chicken meat before cooking – Chicken is actually a good source of quality protein, since it is not loaded with fats. Chicken skin actually tastes so good with it; however, you need to remove it if you want to lose weight. This is because it is loaded with fats and calories, which is not good when it comes to losing weight.
56. Hydrate yourself by drinking lots of water – When you go through exercise routines, it is best to drink lots of water, so that you won’t get dehydrated. Aside from that, it can also suppress your appetite to some extent. In times when you feel hunger, try to drink a glass of water first, since you could have mistaken hunger for being thirsty.
57. Eat more protein – When you go through certain exercise routines to lose weight, you need to load up on protein, since it can help your body in repairing worn out tissues. Aside from that, when you eat more foods that are filled with protein, it would actually make you feel full longer, which can help in controlling your appetite.
58. Avoid salt as much as you can – Eating foods that are high in salt content is not a good idea if you want to lose weight. This is because salt can facilitate water retention in your body, as well as bloating. In addition, it can also put you at risk to high blood pressure and certain heart diseases.
59. Eat more whole grains for your source of carbohydrates – You need to eat foods that contain carbohydrates to have the energy you need. When it comes to that, it is a good idea to choose whole grains, since they contain lots of fiber, which can prolong the digestion process. Aside from suppressing your appetite, fiber can also bring down your blood cholesterol levels.
60. Cut down your consumption of soda – If you need to gain weight, sodas are your friends. However, since you want the opposite of that, then you have to avoid them. Sodas actually contain no essential nutrients, except for hundreds of calories that can make you gain weight in no time. Therefore, it is best to choose water whenever you are thirsty.
61. Choose methods of cooking that use lesser amounts of oil – There are certain methods of cooking, which can allow lesser use of oil; and, one example of it is to steam vegetables. Such kind of cooking would allow the retention of vitamins, minerals, as well as fiber, which vegetables are known for. By following this, you would be able to take in lesser oil, and be able to benefit from the essential nutrients.
62. Choose your protein sources well – You need to keep in mind that lots of foods that are have high protein content, are often associated with fats and calories as well. Thus, it is best that you choose the protein sources well, when it comes to planning your diet. Some of the foods you can consider for this would include eggs, fish, lean meat, turkey, chicken without its skin, and such.
63. Eat snacks in between meals – Eating snacks in between breakfast and lunch, as well as in between lunch and dinner is a good idea. This is because, it can control your appetite for the main meals, aside from boosting your metabolism. However, make sure to choose healthy snacks, and be mindful of your portions.
64. If you can’t avoid drinking beverages, choose those that contain less sugar – Drinking beverages is something that you need to avoid in order to lose weight. However, if you simply need to have some, then choose those that have lower sugar and calorie content. Aside from that, put lots of ice cubes into the drinks, so that they would become diluted with water.
65. Eat raw foods – Eating raw foods such as raw vegetables can provide you with more vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Aside from that, they also contain more moisture. Additionally, raw vegetables would also make your body work more, in order to get them processed. Thus, try minimizing cooking vegetables, so that they can help you more in losing weight.
66. Focus on your meal when eating – Don’t watch TV or use your computer when you are eating. When you do that, you could prevent your mind in comprehending the signals that are sent by your body that it is already full. Therefore, it can lead to binge eating, since you would feel that you are still unsatisfied, even when you have already eaten lots of foods.
67. Do things moderately – It is always best to do things moderately when you are dieting. Therefore, do not be too hard on yourself in following your diet program. It is perfectly fine to indulge yourself into eating something that should not be included into your diet, as long as you keep it in small amounts. It would make you feel less deprived, and can even help you stick on your program.
68. Never starve yourself to lose weight – When you follow diet programs that are too restrictive, it may make you starve yourself, especially when you go through fasting to lose weight. This is actually not a good idea, since it can prompt your body to go on survival mode, in which it would save all fats it has stored, and lower down your metabolism.
69. Find a partner – When it comes to losing weight through dieting and working out, it is a good idea to find a partner for it. With a partner, whether he or she is your spouse or friend, you can both help in motivating each other. Aside from that, you can even compete with each other, so that you would make it more interesting.
70. Set short term goals – It is always better to have short term goals as well, rather than sticking only to long term ones. This is because, long term goals can become quite overwhelming. With short term goals, you can ensure that you are having progress, since it can provide you an easier way to achieve results. Thus, short term goals can ensure that you are motivated enough to keep on going.
71. Become more conscious on your calorie intake – When it comes to losing weight, your body needs to burn more calories than it receives. Therefore, you should be conscious on your calorie intake; and, one of the things that you can do for that is to check the labels of the food items you buy from the store. Aside from that, you should also do your research about the calories of other food items.
72. Drink green tea to lose weight – Drinking green tea can help you lose weight, since it can boost your body’s metabolic rates. Aside from that, green tea is also known to suppress a person’s appetite. Thus, it can prevent you from eating heavy snacks. In addition, studies conclude that it can help a person’s body in burning more calories.
73. Eat a heavy breakfast – The breakfast is actually the most important meal for the day, since it can determine the kind of energy you would have throughout the day. Thus, it is best to eat a heavy breakfast meal, so that you can jumpstart your metabolism. Aside from that, it can also help in controlling your appetite, since you won’t become too hungry during lunch time.
74. Listen to good music while working out – When you work out, it is always better if you are full of energy. Aside from making sure that you have eaten a healthy meal hours before working out, you can also turn up the volume for your MP3 player, in order to become more effective in it. Good music can take your mind away from the feeling of fatigue. Thus, it can help you last longer.
75. Take a good multivitamin supplement – Always remember that when you workout, your body would also have an increased needs for certain nutrients, in order to stay healthy. Although you are following a healthy diet, there is still a chance that it can’t provide you sufficient amounts of some nutrients. Thus, it is best to take a good multivitamin supplement, just to be on the safe side.
76. Do your exercise routines outdoors from time to time – Doing your exercises outdoors can actually offer you with a lot of benefits. When you exercise outdoors, it would allow you to breathe fresh air. Aside from that, when you do it at the park, you can meet new friends, who may also want to join you. This would also prevent you from getting bored of your usual routines.
77. Be conscious of the negative effects of staying late at nights – When you stay late at nights quite often, it can expose you to lots of negative effects, which can make you gain more weight. Some of these would include lowering down your metabolism, becoming sleepy the next day, triggering binge eating, and many more.
78. Visit your doctor prior to working out – Whether you have a certain medical condition or not, it is best to visit your doctor before getting started with your workout program. This is to ensure that you are fit in going through certain types of workout routines. Aside from that, your doctor may even provide you with suggestions on the better ways of losing weight.
79. Read stories about people who were able to lose weight successfully – One of the best ways to maintain your motivation in losing weight is to read stories of people, who were able to attain it. This is because, it would remind you that hitting your goals is indeed very possible. Aside from that, lots of these stories are truly inspiring.
80. Avoid processed foods – Highly processed foods can make you gain more weight, since they are usually filled with salt and calories. Aside from that, since they have gone through lots of processing, they are easily broken down by your body’s system, which means that they would not make your body spend lots of energy to absorb them. Furthermore, processed foods contain lots of preservatives, which can put your health at risk.
81. Eat foods that have higher fiber content – There are lots of foods that have high fiber content, which are available in the market. Providing your body with lots of fiber can result to losing weight, since it can prolong the process of digestion. In other words, it would make you feel full longer, thereby, suppressing your appetite naturally.
82. Build more muscles to lose more fats – If you want to achieve weight loss faster, you can actually do some weight training for it. You don’t have to follow routines done by professional bodybuilders for this. Simple weight lifting with dumbbells can already do the trick, especially if you can put enough pressure on your muscles. Doing this would make your body burn more calories, even when you are no longer doing anything, since it would spend more energy in building more muscles.
83. Give your muscles a break – When you workout, whether you are going to do some weight lifting or simply just cardiovascular activities, you should also give your muscles a break. This is because you don’t want to strain them by providing them with too much work, since it can put you at risk to injuries or certain types of diseases.
84. Never skip meals – Skipping meals is the last thing you want to do if you want to lose weight. Doing it can actually make you gain weight, instead of losing some, since it can trigger your body to lower down your metabolism. Aside from that, it can also prompt your body to save its reserve energy. Moreover, skipping meals can also trigger binge eating.
85. Losing weight should be done in a healthy way – In losing weight, you should always keep in mind that you are doing it to become healthier. Although losing weight to lots of people is healthy, doing it in an excessive manner can also result to something negative. Thus, when you choose a diet, make sure that it can provide you with the nutrients your body needs. Aside from that, you should never overwork yourself.
86. Explore other forms of exercises – After doing the same kinds of workout routines for a certain period of time, it can become boring to you. Thus, it is best to explore other forms of it, so that you can get rid or prevent boredom. Try to check other forms of exercises through exercise videos on the internet if you want to, so that you can simply follow the instructions given.
87. Eat more times in a day – Contrary to what other people may think, eating around 5 to 6 times in a day can actually help in losing weight. The reason behind this is that, you would actually be providing your body with food to process on a constant manner, which can result to boosted metabolism. Aside from that, with constant food on your stomach, you won’t feel too hungry for lunch or dinner times.
88. Eat healthy snacks – Eating in between meals is actually a good idea, since it can suppress your appetite effectively. However, you should still be conscious on the types of foods you eat during snack times. There are lots of snack items in groceries these days, which are nutritious. Choose those that are filled with dietary fiber, so that you can extend your feeling of fullness.
89. Watch TV only when you are done with all the things you need to do – Getting hooked with watching TV can become a hindrance in achieving your weight loss goals, especially if you do it in the morning. Therefore, get in front of the TV set, only when you are already done with the things you need to do for the day. This can become your way to relax after a hard day’s work.
90. Cook with the use of a non-stick cookware – Non-stick cookware are available in most grocery stores these days. Using such types of cookware can help you a lot in losing weight, since you won’t have to use oil with them. Choose those that are made in good quality though, so that the non-stick pan would last a long time.
91. Avoid people in the gym who are too talkative – There are times when you bump into someone in the gym who does not know when to stop talking. You should avoid such types of persons, since they can make you lose your focus on what you need to do. Keep in mind that you are at the gym to lose weight, and not for chit chat.
92. Avoid fad diets, especially those that have unrealistic promises – If you do your search through the web, you would come across lots of fad diets with unrealistic promises. These diets can make you go through very restrictive methods in losing weight. At the start, they may help you achieve your goals, but since they are too restrictive, most of them cannot guarantee long term results.
93. Buy clothes that are smaller – Buying smaller clothes can provide you with more motivation in losing weight. It can offer you the kind of challenge that you are looking for. Make sure though that what you are trying to do is achievable, so that you won’t get discouraged. Aside from that, buy clothes that can really make you look good, so that you would be excited in fitting into them.
94. Eat in restaurants wisely – Eating in restaurants on a regular basis can make you gain weight. Thus, doing it just on certain occasions would be better. Aside from that, you should also be mindful on the foods that you order. Avoid foods that have been deep fried. On top of that, you should also choose foods from the menu that are less fatty.
95. Get enough sleep – When you deprive your body with its needed time to rest, you would actually be lowering down your metabolic rate. This can result to becoming sleepy the next day, due to lack of energy. Aside from that, when you lack sleep, it can make your body compensate for it, by boosting your appetite.
96. Get some time to relax and relieve stress – Stress can become one of the things that can make you gain more weight. This is because, when you are under a lot of stress, you might consider eating lots of foods as your outlet. Thus, you should look for ways to become stress free, such as watching a movie, listening to good music, and practicing yoga.
97. Check out exercise videos on the web – If you don’t have time to go to gyms to workout, keep in mind that there are exercise videos available on the internet today. Most of these videos can be accessed for free. Thus, all you need to do is to download them, and watch and follow them anytime you want. Such videos can show you different types of routines; and, all you have to do is to select the ones you like best.
98. Limit your coffee intake – Limiting your coffee intake can help you lose weight, especially if you usually use cream and sugar with it. However, this does not mean that coffee itself, can actually cause you to gain weight. Drinking coffee can actually boost your energy, which is good to use just before going to the gym. Aside from that, recent studies indicate that it does not dehydrate you as what others would say.
99. Make sure to keep yourself as active as possible when attending parties – When you attend parties, there is always a tendency to overeat, or to drink lots of sodas that are loaded with calories. To make sure that you won’t gain too much from it, you should be as active as possible. Go around and chat with your friends for the most part of it. Aside from that, when there are people dancing, then you should join them.
100. Gather more information about losing weight as much as you can – Becoming knowledgeable about losing weight is one of the best things that you can do to achieve it. You can do your research through the internet, or by buying books about it. However, you should also apply what you would learn, so that it would be put into good use.
101. Get yourself tested for body fat – If you want to make sure if you are able to hit your goals or not, then you can get yourself tested for body fat. Getting tested does not have to be done on a weekly basis. You can do it prior to starting your program, and again a month or two after. Some gyms offer it at reasonable prices; thus, you should visit them soon.
Posted on January 1, in Uncategorized and tagged 2013, diet, Eating, Energy and emotional healing, food, Health, How to loose weight, Motivation, New Years Resolutions, Weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.